The Wakefield Courtesies
Wakefield School is conducted as a friendly and orderly community of civilized beings.We express this civility by respecting ourselves, respecting others, respecting our school, and respecting our community at large. The courtesies serve as a reminder of this attitude.
We value the pursuit of virtue and wisdom as expressed in our school motto: Virtus et Sapientia
We display prudence in our decisions, justice in our interactions, temperance in our behavior, and fortitude in the face of adversity
We are honest with ourselves, and others, with regards to our actions
We give a sincere effort. Success may, or may not, occur, but we try our best regardless
- We courteously greet others during the course of the day, and we respect the space and dialog of others, politely walking around them when not taking part in their conversations.
- We rise for an adult entering the classroom and respectfully stand until instructed.
- We hold the door for each other, visitors, and anyone needing help.
- We knock before entering a room, showing respect for others’ privacy.
- We display pride in our appearance and dress in accordance to both the dress code and its spirit
- We observe manners of etiquette when dining, or talking, as we are representing our school to the community
- We respect all school members and facilities by treating possessions with care and borrowing only with permission
- We are humble in success and gracious in defeat, for we know that on another day roles may well be reversed
- We respect all national symbols, especially our flag, by standing for the National Anthem and the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance
- We are good environmental stewards of our campus, and extend this attitude to the local, regional, and global environment of which our campus and community are integral parts
- We value the diversity of cultures, and we tolerate all perspectives, even those with which we disagree
- We understand that we are citizens of the world and contributors to the global community