Wakefield School Auction
WHAT IS THE AUCTION?
2018 Wakefield School Gala Auction: Black and White Masquerade Ball, an evening to include dinner and entertainment as well as a silent & live auction of generously donated items.
WHY DO WE HAVE AN AUCTION?
This is Wakefield's largest fundraising event, making it vital to the support of the financial aid, academic, athletic and arts programs of the school. Our tuition alone does not cover all of the expenses at Wakefield. The Gala Auction and the Annual Fund help to allow our school to cover these costs as well as work towards our school's goals.
WHEN & WHERE IS THE AUCTION TAKING PLACE?
The evening of Saturday, April 14th in the Wakefield Upper Gym. You will not recognize the gym as the inside is completely transformed into the perfect setting for the evening, thanks to the help of lots of volunteers.
WHO GOES TO THE AUCTION?
All Wakefield parents, alumni and friends are invited to attend. Guests must be 21 years of age or older.
HOW DO I GET TO GO TO THE AUCTION?
Individual tickets can be purchased for $160 per person or $305 per couple. A variety of guest table options are available as well. Click here for more details and to purchase tickets. Note that you can also purchase tickets at the Owl's Outlet during normal business hours (Mondays 8-8:45 a.m. & Thursdays 3-3:45 p.m.)
WHAT DO I WEAR TO THE AUCTION?
Each year the dress code changes based on the theme. This year's theme is a black and white masquerade ball. The dress attire is black tie OPTIONAL. The only requirement is that your outfit should be black and/or white. Masks are encouraged.
WHAT TO DO NEXT?
1. Join in the fun! Purchase your tickets today for the auction. It's a wonderful way to spend an evening with your Wakefield friends and to meet new ones, all in the spirit of giving to our school!
2. Donate to the auction. Do you have sporting event tickets, a vacation home, services from your business or gift certificates you would be willing to donate? Simply fill a donation form and turn it in so we can advertise your donation as soon as possible.
3. Advertising/Sponsorship opportunities. If you have your own business, why not market it to our Wakefield community? There are plenty of advertising opportunities to fit your marketing budget. More information can be found at https://wakefieldschool.
4. Spread the word about the auction to your fellow Wakefield friends. Feel free to invite your family members and friends outside the school community. And don't forget to like and share the Wakefield Auction Facebook event page as there is updated information about the auction including auction items as the event gets closer.
5. Volunteer your time. No matter if you have days or just minutes to give, there are plenty of jobs for everyone as we prepare for April 14th. We always need volunteers for our committees: acquisitions, catalog, hospitality and decorations. The week of the auction is a fabulous time to lend a hand if you only have a short amount of time to give. Not only do we need lots of people onsite, but there is an excitement in the air as we get closer to the event! To become a volunteer, email Stephanie Thimons at firstname.lastname@example.org.