- 320 students in junior kindergarten through 12th grade
- 164 boys and 156 girls
- 78 students in the Lower School (junior kindergarten - grade 5)
- 74 students in Middle School (grades 6-8)
- 164 students in Upper School (grades 9-12)
- Average class size for JK/K is 10; Lower School is 13; Middle School classes average 23; and Upper School classes average 40.
- 75 members of the faculty and administration
- Average tenure of a faculty member at Wakefield is 6 years
- Average number of years teaching experience is 12 years
- Wakefield School is accredited by the National Association of Independent Schools and the Virginia Association of Independent Schools. Additional memberships include: The College Board, The Secondary School Admission Test Board, the National Honor Society, the Emerging Scholars Program, and the Polish Scholar Program.
- 100% college acceptance
- Average SAT score: 1275
- Average ACT score: 28
- 95% of the class won admission to their first or second choice schools
- 92% took three or more years of a lab science
- 56% of the class received at least one merit-based scholarship
- Over $2.5 million was awarded in scholarships or merit aid
Wakefield’s Arts Department supports a wide range of artistic endeavors from acting to photography to music theory. Each year there are a number of traditional performing arts productions including:
- Grandparents' Concerts
- Upper and Middle School Fall Play
- Middle School Music Holiday Concert
- Talent Show/Holiday Lasagna Dinner
- Lower School Arts Festival
- 3rd Grade Musical
- 4th Grade Immigration Heritage Music Concert
- Upper and Middle School Spring Play
- Middle School Music Competition and Festival
- Medieval Faire
- 5th Grade Poetry Tea
Wakefield is a member of the International Thespian Society.
Wakefield held its fifth annual Alumni Art Exhibit in 2014.
Student-produced publications continue to receive national awards: Virtus et Sapientia (yearbook), Talisman (Upper School art and writings), and Amulet (Middle School art and writings). These are published in late spring of each school year.
Wakefield School is a member of the Delaney Athletic Conference and the Cavalier Athletic Conference.Qualification for Virginia Independent School Athletic Association State Tournaments include:
- Boys’ Lacrosse: 2006-2015, 2010, state runner-up 2010, Individual named DAC MVP in 2009, DAC Co-Champs 2014, Individual Player of the Year 2015.
- Girls’ Lacrosse: 2006, 2009-2011
- Girls’ Soccer: 2006-2013, State Runner-up 2008. Individuals named VISAA DII Girls' Soccer Player of the Year 2011 and 2012.
- Tennis: Girls placed in 2006-2009, 2011. Boys placed in 2008-2009.
- Girls’ Volleyball: 2005-2008, state runner-up 2007. Individual named DAC MVP in 2007.
- Swimming: Individuals placed in 2007-2009, 2012-13.
- Cross Country: 2007-2014, DAC Champions & Undefeated 2012, Individuals named DAC MVP in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, CAC Champions 2012, Girls DAC Champions 2014.
- Girls’ Basketball: 2008-2014 Individuals named DAC MVPs in 2010, 2011, 2012. Individual obtained All Time Girls' & School All Time Scorer (1991 points) in 2012-13, DAC Champions 2012-13, VISAA State Tournament Runner Up 2013, 1014
- Boys’ Basketball: 2007-2015 CAC Championships 2007, DAC Champions 2008, 2014, 2015, Individual obtained All Time Scorer Boys' (1371 points) in 2012, VISAA State Tournament Elite 8 2014, VISAA Final Four 2015.
- Girls' Field Hockey: 2010
- Co-ed Squash: 2010-2014, Three individuals ranked among the top 100 in U.S. in 2010 & 2011; one ranked in 2012, Chevy Chase Inter-Varsity League, First Place 2011, 2012, CIVL Champions 2013, 2014
- Co-ed Golf: 2015-2016, DAC Champions 2015, 2016, VISAA Individual State Champion 2015.
- Co-ed Equestrian: Regional Champion of the International Equestrian Association Region 3 - 2016.
- More than 19 different AP courses offered
- 91% of the Class of 2018 took at least one AP class
- On average, students take between 3 and 5 AP classes while attending Wakefield
- American University Presidential Scholarship
- College of Charleston Honors Program
- Mercyhurst University Honors Program
- Miami University of Ohio Honors Program
- Salem College President's Scholarship
- Tulane University Presidential Scholarship
- United States Army ROTC Scholarship - Georgetown University
- United States Naval Academy
- University of North Dakota Community of Learners Scholarship Program
- Acadia Institute of Oceanography
- Alexander Talbot Rice International Travel Study Prize
- Harvard University - Summer School Secondary School Program (SSP)
- Leadership in the Law Summer Camp
- National Gallery of Art High School Seminar Program
- University of Mary Washington Summer Enrichment Program
- VCUarts Summer Intensive Residency Program for High School Students
- Virginia Commonwealth STARTALK Academy for Russian
- Virginia Summer Governor's School Programs in Latin, Humanities, Agriculture, STEM, Dance, Music, and Medicine
- Virginia Tech Inside Architecture and Design Summer Program