On Campus Fall 2020
Health and Safety Protocols
Wakefield School has established campus guidelines and requirements, as noted in the Wakefield Community Health Commitment, the Return to School Synopsis, and the Student and Family Handbook to protect our community’s health, including all students, faculty and staff members, and families interacting with our campus.
The established campus guidelines are based on the requirements and guidance of the Virginia Council for Private Education (VCPE) and the Fauquier County Health Department and in accordance with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Recommendations for Schools, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Recommendations, and the World Health Organization (WHO) Recommendations in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
It is important to note that recommendations from public health authorities and VCPE are continuing to evolve, and elements of these guidelines may be updated at any time.
The health and well-being of our students, faculty, staff, and families have been and remain at the forefront of all our planning and procedures.
To that end, any Wakefield Community member (student, parent, faculty, or staff) who is ill or exhibiting COVID-like symptoms or who is living with a family member exhibiting COVID-like symptoms is not to come to campus.
- PPE and Distancing
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Hygiene and Basic Safety Protocols
- Building and Classroom Protocols
- Food Service and Lunch
- Contact Tracing and Possible Cases of COVID-19
- Communication and Notification of Suspected or Confirmed Cases of COVID-19
- When to Stay Home or Seek Medical Treatment
- Distance Learning and Possible Interruptions
- Community Health Commitment
- Who do I contact at Wakefield if I have questions about how to handle a particular health situation?
- Partners and Resources